Oct 23, 2011

Door Hanging or Toran

Dear friends, I wish that Diwali fill your home with happiness, prosperity and good health.

Diwali, being the biggest festival in our country we all decorate our homes as beautiful as possible. You will put your creative efforts on Rangoli, Diya, lighting and so on. In the market also a variety of ethnic and artistic home décor items are available.




One such item is a door hanging or Toran. I saw it in the market and I felt very attractive. So we have tried to make one with hand embroidery. But we didn’t have any such design with us. With some auspicious motifs like kalash, I draw this design.   We choose a yellow colour, which looks auspicious for Torans. The fabric used is of cotton. The main stitch used is Herringbone stitch. Outline stitch or stem stitch used in between. Mirrors are fixed with readymade rings and you can observe small bells were stitched below to enhance the look.

Feeling happy for decorating the door with homemade Toran.

Wish you again “Shubh Deepawali”

 


5 comments:

Sujatha Sathya said...

ee torana tumba chennagide :)

Sunayana said...

Tumba dhanyavadagalu, Sujatha avare.. :)

magiceye said...

beautiful

Spicy-Aroma said...

very beautiful :)

Sunayana said...

Thank you magiceye, poonam

Kurthi - Re-designed

Hello   Readers How are you? I am doing well; my kid is having vacations now and he keeps me busy all the time. So I am unable to car...